Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Random Ramblings

Now I finally understand why FPJ had to lose in the elections. Noli de Castro was a sure winner as vice president then. If FPJ had won, and Noli won too, then Kabayan would be the new president now. So GMA had to win. My condolences to FPJ's family.

*****

I am getting sick of Regine Velasquez's new release -- Shine. It's played on radio, in malls, on tv and even in bazaars!! Once, it was even played simultaneously on 3 FM stations. Aaaargh! I used to like Regine's songs. But now, all she does is scream. I know, I know... she has to advertise her singing prowess... but can't she do that without screaming? Take Shine for instance -- it's supposed to be an inspiring song. But listening to her version, it's like a song she's using to vent out her frustrations in life.

*****

Audrey told me that there's a quaint restaurant in Malate called Barbara's. Good atmosphere, and couches for seats! The owner told her that they will be reopening the ship/restaurant operating in Manila Bay. I know there used to be one before, where you can hop aboard and have dinner while on a ship. I just don't remember who ran it. Anyways, this is something I want to try! Will convince my family to go para free. =)

*****

Did anyone hear about the robbery in Valenzuela today? I was on the NLEX when I saw all these policemen swarming around two delivery trucks near the Valenzuela exit. One of the trucks belonged to our competitor. People began running in all directions... in the middle of the highway. Odd thing was, most of them actually found this incident amusing, judging from the grins on their faces. They were grinning widely as they hid behind cement walls for protection, just in case a bullet accidentally hits them.

*****

I had my first stamp on my Starbucks card today! I checked out the planner again, but this time, it did not look as appealing as before. I need to complete 21 stamps by January 15 in order to redeem the planner. That's P110x 21 stamps = P2,310. Pretty expensive for an ordinary planner. Makes me wonder if it's really worth it, considering that I feel sick whenever I take coffee.

*****

Looking forward to the chocolate buffet this Saturday! It's pretty expensive at P500, and THIS will really ruin my diet. Hah.. as if! Pretty loaded this weekend -- office Xmas party on Friday, employee's daughter's wedding on Saturday lunch, chocolate buffet on Saturday evening, cousin's houseblessing party on Sunday lunch, will try to catch up with college barkada's lunch afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment