Saturday, December 18, 2004

Ahya Peter

Some people are born with that natural ability to get along with everybody, even without trying. My Ahya Peter is one of them.

We had a "Monito Monita" exchange gift portion in our Xmas party yesterday. The twist was that we had to describe our "monito / monita" before we reveal who they are. Ahya Peter was described as,

"Adviser ng office. Nakaka-inspire katrabaho. Pwede ko na nga siyang tawaging living legend."



I really, really thought that the description was meant for me. Buti na lang hindi pa ako tumayo. I, on the other hand, got the following description,

"Siya ang in charge sa bonus natin this year." =(



I used to think that management was an either-or focus issue. EITHER I focus on getting the company to run smoothly OR getting people to like me. But working with Ahya Peter, who was the only one who received cheers from BOTH administration and delivery staff, has taught me otherwise. Yesterday, in our humble office Xmas party, I learnt that a little lambing and a little carino really goes a long, long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment