Friday, December 24, 2004

Miracle on Bulacan Street



Only six more hours to go before Christmas! I didn't think I'd be this excited about Christmas. But when the air gets colder, when people become nicer, when the holiday hams etc. start showing up on the dinner table, it's really hard not to catch the holiday fever. And today, my parents are home early, ON A FRIDAY AFTERNOON. That has never happened before. Come to think of it, all five of us are at home, just lounging around, ON A FRIDAY AFTERNOON! Wow... miracles do happen!

For our Noche Buena tonight, I originally wanted to prepare the following: chicken pastel, paella ala Majorcana, and a buco pandan salad. But I woke up late, and started late, and realized how ambitious my culinary goal for the day was. So all I ended up doing was the chicken pastel. Mike came over to pick up the chicken pastel (I made two, one for him, one for us). His contribution to our Noche Buena is a beef casserole. I really appreciate him coming over despite the traffic and his headache. Headache, he says, is because of me. Pinagod ko daw siya the whole week. Hehehe... Fine, fine -- I'm guilty as charged. Pinagod ko siya.. sa kakahatid sundo sa akin. We went to two Christmas dinners this week -- one with my HS friends, one with his friends. Fortunately, I didn't stuff myself for both dinners. We arrived late for both dinners kasi.

Three people "contributed" to my collection of fruit scented stuff. Sharon gave me Body Shop's Mango Body Butter. (Big coincidence! Nope, she doesn't read my blog. She doesn't even know what a blog is.) Mike gave me a Bath and Body Works' Cucumber Melon lotion. William (Mike's friend who's visiting from the US) gave me a Bath and Body Works' Apple Scented handwash. So for the people who know me, do not be surprised if I smell like fruit salad when we're together.

No comments:

Post a Comment