Friday, December 17, 2004

Losing My Pearly Whites

I often dream about losing my teeth. In my dreams, I am casually going about my daily routine when I suddenly feel that all my molars have fallen off. And the first thing that I think of is, "Does this mean I have to wear dentures now?" I panic but don't really do anything about it. This has been my recurring teeth-dream for almost 10 years now.

Today, I had another teeth dream. No molars involved this time -- just my two front teeth naman. In my dream, I saw a small brown spot on my left front tooth. So I ran my tongue over it and the small spot becomes a bigger hole, revealing 2 layers of teeth. I ran my tongue over the hole again, and it becomes even bigger. Until I discover that all my teeth have two layers. The first layer has a chestnut-y texture. Nothing's wrong with my teeth really, except that they now have peelable layers.

Maybe my subconscious is telling me that I really want to be a dentist? I don't know.. but to the Chinese, dreaming of teeth is usually bad luck. Any dream interpreters out there?

1 comment:

  1. They say that the "teeth falling off" dream is one of the most common dreams people have. Personally, I hate it.

    ReplyDelete