Thursday, December 09, 2004

Great Expectations

"Hey, u n mike free on fri nte?
Hve xtra 2 tkets 4 martin concert
at picc, 8pm. Cn u let me know
tnte if u wana cme?=)"


I received this text from Liza as I was driving. Am not a big fan of Martin, but it has been so long since I last saw a concert. And if the price is right....

Me: "Hw much tix? N wer?" (Obviously hindi nagbabasa)
Liza:"Gft ko sa inyo! :)...Free fr my bro. Hehe! Picc."

It's FREE! That did it! She now has my full attention!

Me: "Eeeeeh! Tlga? Tlga? L ask wait! Wat tym?"

I dialled Mike's number. Ring....ring... ring.... he wasn't picking up the phone. It was around 9:30 pm then. Maybe he's having dinner? I'll try again. Still, no answer. So I called up Richmond on our Nextel radio and asked him to call Mike using my Sun cell which I left at home. No one was answering his Sun number either! Aaargh! I try calling him again through his Globe number. Ring... ring... ring....

Mike: "Hello?"
Me: "Hay salamat!!!"
Mike: "Bakit?"
Me: "Ba't di mo sinasagot cellphone mo?!?!"
Mike: "Ako nagsundo sa mama ko eh. Iniwan ko cell sa bahay. O bakit?" (We're so lovey dovey no?)
Me: "Tinatanong ni Liza........"
Mike: NR
Me: "Hello?!?!"
Mike: "O! Nakikinig ako!"
Me: "Tinatanong ni Liza kung gusto daw natin manood ng concert ni Martin. Free!! Free!"
Mike: "Saan? Kailan?"
Me: "PICC, 8pm, this Friday."
Mike: "So tingin mo aabot tayo doon on time?" (By this time, warning bells were already going off in my head. Hmmm.. this conversation sounds soooo familiar.)
Mike: "Ay, this Friday?! Hindi ako pwede eh. Ako ulit magsusundo."
Me: "Ah.. okay."
Mike: "Okay lang?"
Me: "Okay. Babay."
Mike: "Babay."

******
Haaay... that's the 2nd concert Mike turned down yesterday. The first one was the concert with the Tux, the Company and another group next Friday in Greenbelt 3. Reason he turned it down --"Tingin mo aabot tayo dun on time?" He has been turning down FREE concerts left and right. Maybe, another reason why he's turning down all these free concerts is because he's secretly planning to surprise me with something! Haha! Now that I've written it here in my blog, people will be following up on the surprise you're planning. So you better come up with something. Don't worry... I'll pretend to act surprised. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment