Tuesday, November 30, 2004

New Year's Resolution

I have stopped making New Year's resolutions eons ago, because:
1. I believe one does not have to wait until the end of the year to improve one's self (Hah! This is so obviously a palusot!)
2. I do not fulfill any of my resolutions anyway.

But this year, I will be reviving the tradition again after, get this.... three people told me that I'm mataray! THREE people...within ONE week! Hwaaat?!?! How can that be? I'm quiet...yes. I'm an introvert... yes. I'm impatient...yes! But mataray?!?! (Stop nodding your head in agreement Mike!) I have never thought of myself as mataray!

Is mataray the opposite of mabait?

"No," said my brother a.k.a. wise guru. "The opposite of mabait is masama. Your tarayness is not the loudmouthed type of taray. It's a silent type of taray, which is even more irritating." Thank God for brothers who tell you the truth no?

Eniweys, for the year 2005, I hereby resolve to:
1. Limit the taray only to people who deserve it.
This means, I will not be mataray to my very very loving parents, my thoughtful brothers, my dear but busy friends and my very patient boyfriend. But I will intensify the taray to low life creatures of my world which include (in order of their lowliness) -- liars, thieves and all paternal relatives.

2. Stop procrastinating!!
Procrastinating = working under too much pressure = setting myself up for a heart attack.

3. Work out more.
ELJ Building, which houses Fitness First ABS CBN branch, has the gall to charge P30 for the first three hours of parking! That means, if I go to the gym religiously for a month, I will be charged P900 for parking alone. Add that to my P1800 monthly gym fee, and that's a freaking P2700 a month!! Or a whopping P32,400 a year! And no! I'm not willing to spend that much to keep my body fit!

Hmm... I cannot think of anything else as of this moment. Can anyone suggest other areas that need to be improved? Or baka wala na? Hehe... Maybe I need a resolution to learn the art of humility? =) Oh well, will add more resolutions as I go along.

1 comment:

  1. I told you I'm going to read your blog. So sinumulan ko talaga from the oldest posts... and I found this!

    Give up the gym thing and start playing badminton! GAME NA!

    ReplyDelete