Sunday, November 28, 2004

My Dad is an Only Child

How I wish this was true.

Then I wouldn't have had to deal with my uncle a while ago. For some reason, my dad decided to punish me today by forcing me to spend (and waste) 15 minutes of my time to accompany my uncle. I had to listen to him as he went on and on and on about his latest "successes" in his non-existent business. "Shut up! Shut up! I do not care about the P121.50 discount you're getting on your cameras. Or how many thousands of batteries you sold yesterday. I just want you to sign whatever it is you need to sign so that we can have our freedom from your worthless lineage!! We shelled out millions to save your crappy house from the bank! Why can't you do this one thing for us?!?!" But my dad taught me well enough to not make a scene in a public place, so I just stared at the floor and wished it would open up and swallow him alive instead. That obviously did not happen.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why my dad ended up with crappy, money-hungry siblings. Like the uncle who asks us to pay for his crappy registration costs for his crappy vehicle, conveniently forgetting that he now has millions in his bank account. Or that bitch in Quiapo who does not understand the difference between a corporation and a single propietorship. Or the bigger bitch in QC who sang her tales of woe to my dad to ask for money to put up a factory together. Like her sister, she doesn't understand the difference between a corporation and a single proprietorship either. Nor can her simple mind grasp the difference between lending and donating. Ah sus.. hindi naman pala money-hungriness ang problema eh. Tanga lang talaga ang mga tao pagdating sa pera. Wow... everything's clearer now.



No comments:

Post a Comment