Monday, November 08, 2004

e x h a u s t e d

I do not think I have ever been this exhausted my entire life. Is this what adult life really is like? When I wake up every morning, I automatically make a check list of things to do for the day. But the weird thing is, no matter how tired I am, no matter how many times I complain loudly to the people around me, deep inside, I really like what I do, even though I have little interest in the industry we belong to. Does that make sense? Sabagay... an accountant can love her job even if she belongs to an industry she doesn't like. I guess it's the rush I get.

*****

I made a leche flan cake last Friday. I have been getting good reviews about it so far. Made a booboo though. I wasn't able to fold in the butter properly. Kaya all the melted butter stayed on the bottom of the pan, much to my dismay. Oh well, as Jean said, "practice lang naman ito." =) Credit goes to her for the creamy leche flan she made. But for those who have tasted it.. comments naman dyan!

*****

Mike and I went to Market! Market! last Saturday. Was surprised about the ambiance. Kasi naman, in their print ads, Market! 2x looks like a high-end tiangge and mall for Class A and upper B people. But there were a lot of "pang-masa"stores, plus some high end stores as well. Which led us to conclude that maybe the developers of Market!2x originally wanted it to be a Class A tiangge, but ended up attracting the middle and masa crowd. We had lunch at Pancake House where we had tacos and value meals. Is it just me? Or did the taco at Pancake House tasted different? Parang it lacked something. We went to Karl Edwards afterwards, where I bought a beautiful bracelet for my mom and a crappily made Nike shirt. I felt so ripped off with the Nike purchase! Paano ba naman, ang pangit talaga ng pagkatahi. But I bought it to get new ideas for fabric we can make. Then dinner was at Suzhou Dimsum along Retiro. Their siao-long-pao is sooo good!! We had the steamed beef with a lot of garlic which was really good. And the seafood fried rice which was good din. Come to think of it.. everything we ate at Suzhou Dimsum was good! Will bring my parents next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment