Friday, February 18, 2005

Pensive on a Friday night

I noticed that in most of my recent posts, I am either complaining about something, or just plain whining. So, for the past three days, I decided not to blog unless I will be blogging about something positive.

And the result of that decision? Silence. :) I cannot seem to find anything positive to blog about. Everyday, I wake up and notice only the negative stuff -- the traffic, the expensive toll fees, the numerous potholes in A. Bonifacio, receiving only work related texts, or errand texts, another dubious news article about our government, etc. etc. I look in the mirror and notice the wrinkles, the sagging skin, the new pimple forming on the middle of my forehead, the really noticeable weight gain.... aaaargh!

I can't stand being silent in my own space in cyberworld anymore. So I will rant, complain, and rant some more everytime and anytime I feel like it. Don't get me wrong. I'm trying to be a positive person, trying being the operative word here. And I really hope, that as time goes by, I will be able to see things in a more positive light. But for now..... :)

*****

Richmond left for Indonesia yesterday. I brought him to their meeting place, and seconds after I drove off, I realized how much I will miss him. And to think he'll be back by Sunday evening! Maybe it's just a really bad case of PMS?

Anyway, I was apprehensive about him going to Indonesia. I have heard about the anti-Chinese war they raged against the local Chinese there, and my brother is a chinito from whatever angle you look at him. And the peace and order situation (from what I've seen and read on the news) ain't something to be secure about either. I almost begged my father not to let him go, but a small part of me felt that maybe I was overreacting a bit. Besides, going to Indonesia would bring him a step closer to reaching his financial goals. He's there now, marvelling at the beauty of the Bali beaches, and complaining about the humidity.

My apprehensions and worries made me think -- is this how foreigners feel about the Philippines? Somewhere in another part of the world-- is there someone praying for her brother's safety while here in the Philippines? With all the travel advisories issued, how does the Philippines look from a foreigner's point of view?

*****

There's a JS Prom going on some 300 meters away from my room. I can hear the music blaring from the speakers -- Galing mo Sumayaw, Chocolate, Sayaw Kikay, Basketball, etc. etc. (Title check please).

I went around SM Megamall yesterday and found so many stores selling prom dresses. I forgot -- February IS the prom month. I never got to experience the thrill of a prom date. In highschool, our prom dates were assigned -- BY HEIGHT. We had it beside the very scenic Pasig River. We only got to meet our dates on the night of the prom. After the usual dinner and program, our dates would usually leave us to ask their crushes to dance.

Wala lang. I can't really say that I miss the thrill of the prom, since I never got to experience what the thrill was all about. But for just once in my life, I would like to get that nervous, giddy feeling of dressing up for the evening, and not knowing what's in store for the night.

Signing off now. Getting too pensive for my own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment