Monday, February 07, 2005

Oooops!

Ooops! My bad. It's Aidan Joff, not Aidan Shaw as I originally thought. So if Aidan and Carrie had ended up together, it would've been Carrie Bradshaw Joff. Still not cosmopolitan sounding enough. I have got to stop with my SATC ramblings. I am stil not over the fact that SATC is really over. I'm currently in the denial stage as of now. Just wait when I get to the angry stage. Hehe.

Anyways, went to the Travel Expo in Megamall last week. Was surprised to see so many people lining up outside Megatrade Hall. Mike told me that travel agencies usually give discounted rates to people who book trips with them during the expo. And with the summer season approaching and all...

There were agencies giving HK trips for as low as $100!!! All in -- plane trip, 3d 2n hotel reservations, guided tours etc. etc. There was even a Bohol package going for as low as P1,350 (triple sharing), excluding airfare. But the price was good only for the expo. There was also a Europe tour for only $1988!! Includes RT airfare, accomodations, breakfast, dinner and guided tours. That's a good deal! Considering that the peso dollar exchange rate is only P54.55 as of this writing.

Lunch was at Krua Thai in Megastrip, where we stuffed ourselves with good Thai food. We had the Thai Spring Rolls, Bagoong Rice and Chicken with Chili, Garlic and Basil. We both noticed that we were getting curvier (read: flabbier) than usual. So we agreed to eat light for dinner that night. Hahahah.. yeah right. Dinner was at Golden Fortune restaurant in Benavidez, a new Chinese carinderia which serves the best fish fillet in sweet corn sauce I have ever tasted! And their prices are very, very, very affordable too.

Went to Fitness First the next day. Yay! Last week, I finally gathered enough willpower to finally cancel my membership. And when I got there, the account officer (that's what I think her title is) offered me their other packages: P1300 for weekend visits only OR P900 for 3 visits a month. Since I know myself too well, I decided to go for the P900 package. Fine, fine. I know that technically, I will be paying P300 for each visit which is restricted to only 3x a month. But I'm giving this P900 package a dry run. If, after 2 months of subscribing to the package, I find out that I am even lazier than I thought, I will cancel my subscription completely. No more downgraded packages. The account officer said that the downgrade will take effect in March, which means I am still free to use the gym for the whole month of February. So, right now, I am making sure that my last P1755 monthly fee for Fitness First will be worth it by going to the gym as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment