Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Time to Heel

I know someone will be so disappointed with this. But I just have to do it for my own good.

I am throwing away my heels for good.

Yiiiiiiii! No, I can't do it! Not after I spent 25% of my salary on a new pair!

Okay, let me rephrase. I will be wearing less heels starting now, tonight, March 1, 2005. What brought about this change, you (yes, YOU! You know who you are) might ask. Well, after I read this (from www.tinajuanfitness.info):

Throw away your high heels.
High heels may look sexy but they are back breakers in disguise. Heels higher than two inches throw your body forward. To compensate you lean backwards and arch your spine more than you should. To avoid back and knee pain, wear sturdy heels no more than two inches high. The worst offenders are stiletto heels.

THAT would probably explain the lower back pains, especially after 5 hours of walking around in stilettos. Not to mention the unbearable pain on the balls of my feet! I would always describe the pain as parang nababasag na mga buto ko sa paa, because really, that's how it feels.

I have 19 pairs of shoes and sandals. I will now have to say goodbye to 11 of them.

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment