Monday, March 14, 2005

Random Ramblings

::My appointment with top-honcho-of-food-and-beverage-conglomerate was cancelled, just as I predicted. How was it cancelled? His secretary cancelled while I was standing in their reception area, after I told their receptionist/security guard that I was there to see top honcho.

::Unmushy chauffeured me around the metro last Sunday. First, he picked me up in Malate where I attended a family gathering. Then he brought me to Ortigas where I attended my HS reunion. He went to Metrowalk to walk around and came back for me after my reunion party was over. That is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. :)

::The family gathering was for my cousin's one year old daughter. It was a very big party, and the food was great. Felt guilty for leaving early. I sat beside my very cute nephew, who is normally shy and quiet. But halfway through the party, we were already laughing and giggling together!

::The first thing I received when I arrived in our batch reunion was a Chowking nametag. I thought it was weird. After all, our batchmates' faces couldn't have changed all that much, right? WRONG! When the people started arriving, I could hardly recognize half of them. Sure, there were some who still looked as they did n years ago. But there were some who have really changed -- big time.

::Liza and I had a lot of fun observing the reactions of our batch's ex-couples when they saw each other. Mean, I know. But fun. Hehehehehe.

::Memorable moments of the reunion--
1. A former suitor sat two seats away from me. I felt awkward, since I knew we were avoiding looking at each other's direction. But when we were the only ones left in our table, it felt weird to continue avoiding his direction. So I glanced at him, and he did the same. When our eyes met, he had this i'm-trying-to-recall-where-I've-seen-you-before look, then said, "(my name), right?" Then he shook my hand. Whoa. Sweet.

2. I used to have a major crush on one of my classmates, and he was there in the reunion. Now this guy, when he learnt how I was majorly crushing on him back then, told our whole class that he will never, ever consider liking me romantically. Okay, that's not entirely true. He didn't really say it. He just... err... did something. Back to topic. So I was on my way to the restroom, when he called me, and said I looked different. "Different? How?" I wanted to know. He motioned with his hands that I have become slimmer. Hehehehehehe.

3. I have a free gift certificate from Red Ribbon, courtesy of Andre. Andre, coincidentally enough, is unmushy's family friend.

**All in all, I had a great time at the reunion. Will wait another n years for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment