Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Ten minutes too late

It wasn't supposed to happen this way.

I had planned everything so well. After all, it's not everyday that I get to be granted an appointment with the top honcho of a local food and beverage company. Our company has been trying to set an appointment with him for YEARS, all to no avail. So when the call came last night, informing us that we have been granted an appointment, it was like a dream come true. I was so excited about it, that I even changed my Unkymood to excited. Of course you won't see it anymore, as I've changed the mood to what I'm feeling NOW.

As I said, I had planned everything down to the very last detail. Even the color of the blouse I wore today had been planned.

But I made one tiny, itsy-bitsy, teenie-weenie, important mistake.

I underestimated the Edsa morning-rush traffic.

Either that or I overestimated my driving skills.

I did 160km/hr on the NLEX. For the first time. In my whole life. But it got me to top honcho's office ten minutes too late. When I got there, the top honcho gave me an attention span of 20 seconds, then excused himself and returned to his board meeting.

I seriously considered waiting for him until his board meeting was over. The meeting was scheduled from 9am to 12nn. Sure, I thought, I could wait that long. I have already waited years for this, what's another 3 hours? But top honcho's secretary advised me against it, saying that she'll just schedule another appointment for me this Thursday..

I should be elated.

But top honcho is known for cancelling appointments at the very last minute. Even when you're already there, waiting for him in the lobby, he'll just have his secretary go out to inform you that your appointment has been postponed indefinitely.

I'm so disappointed with this day. And I know that everyone in the office is disappointed with me too.

Lesson for today -- EVERY DANG SECOND COUNTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment