Tuesday, January 11, 2005

From the mushy one =)

"Charlie, Cathy is not the perfect woman for you. Cathy, Charlie is not the perfect man for you..." I listened as Fr. Peterson Tieng went on about how there is no perfect person for all of us. He was giving a homily for Mike's sister's wedding. Hah... What a coincidence. Lately, I have been preoccupied with comparing my relationship with Mike to other couples who seem to have everything going for them. Typical perfectionist Virgoan that I am, I saw the flaws, and didn't see the bigger picture.

Until Sunday evening.

When I realized that love is not only in the things he does for me, it's also in the things he doesn't do. When I realized that love doesn't always have to be flashy and showy; it can also be quiet and simple. Sweeping me off my feet every once in a while is good, but making sure that I get home safely everytime is definitely better.

That's when I saw the bigger picture.

To the un-mushy one: Thank you for taking good care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment