Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Prank caller

0910-4091939 -- Whoever is the owner of this cellphone number has been sending me really lewd messages through my cellphone. He'd call me to make my phone ring, then hang up, then send the lewd, icky text message. It started around two weeks ago. I thought he would go away if I ignore him. But I guess he just really wanted attention, because the lewd messages now became threatening. He knows where I work, he knows I'm about to get married, and he also knows my name.

Hmmm... how in the world do I view this thing positively?

I'm glad someone really takes time to ruin my day?

I'm glad someone finds me important enough to text me every other day?

I'm glad someone is making an effort to know more about me?

I hate to admit it, but this prank texter/caller is REALLY scaring me. Scaring me to the point that I check out all the strange people surrounding me, just to see if they are my mysterious, icky prank texter. To the point that I do not want to go to the office anymore for fear that he might be lurking around in our compound.

The thing that bothers me the most is that this person probably looks normal from the outside. Hindi naman siguro sa mental institution napunta ang cellphone number ko no. This person probably wakes up in the morning and goes to work, talks to people, has his own circle of friends and functions as any normal person does, which is why people I know talk to him and tell him things about me. Nobody knows about this sick side of him, the second personality that's so grossly demented and rotten and sick. I can't think of anything more negative to say about him, as this month's positivism must have really worked wonders on me.

And how am I responding to his threats and lewdness? By keeping silent. With the way things are going though, I am so tempted to text back and tell him what's on my mind. But that is probably what he expects me to do. So I will not text him back. But aaaaaargh! I just wish there is something I can do... something that will bother him even more than he has bothered me.

6 comments:

  1. what if he/she actually is a blogger as well? hehehe!

    nangyari na rin yan sa'kin! i can relate! kilala nila ko pero di ko sila kilala! pero in my case, may hula ako. and alam kong tama ang hula ko! pero di ko sasabihin dito. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ay naku rory, salitang kanto. i highly doubt na blogger yon. or tao yon. ewan. teka, bakit in your case, SILA? madami?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, marami sila. group sila. ayaw nila ko. they were using 3 numbers. i was able to save 2. until now nakarecord pa rin sa'kin yung 2 numbers.

    madali lang gawin ang salitang kanto eh, lalo na if one really wants anonymity, and even change the texting style to make it really look jolog. pero bayaan mo na siya. ika nga ni pat, siya ang talo kung di ka bothered. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too had a anonymous psycho texter before. The person relented, stopped texting me.

    Is the caller still bugging you? have you considered reporting it, having the caller's number blocked? I'm not sure nga lang if NTC walks the talk.

    ingat,

    ka edong

    ReplyDelete
  5. ka edong,

    the calls (and yucky texts) are becoming rarer now. i have considered reporting it to the network i subscribe to, but my brother said nothing will come out of it, so i chose to just ignore. actually, the next time my mysterious caller calls me, i will answer his call, and will continue to answer them until he runs out of credits :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. > i will answer his call, and will continue to answer them until he runs out of credits :)

    Hahahaha! that's an idea! and it could work, afterall. ;-) goodluck!

    ka edong

    ReplyDelete