Saturday, June 04, 2005

Had an eventful day yesterday.

Car wouldn't start in the morning. Something about the batteries, whatever.

Now, I have to admit that when it comes to automobiles, I am a do-do. The things I know about a car are these --

1. Turn ignition to switch on and off
2. Check for gas. Fill up with gas when gas gauge shows gas tank low.
3. At night, switch headlights on.
4. Use the signals (right turn and left turn).
5. Lock the door.

That's it.

Once, I called my dad because a weird sign lit up on my dashboard. I told my dad to come over asap to where I was had pulled over, which was a good 30 minutes from home. My dad panicked, woke up my brother (gabi na nun eh) and was already in the car minutes after I called him. So while waiting for him, I pulled out the manual and began looking for the weird sign on the dashboard and what it meant. This is what I found out:

[image of icon lit up on dashboard] = fog lamps are turned on


I had accidentally turned on the fog lamp. Sheepish, I called my dad and told them to go back home. Since then, whenever I have weird encounters with the four wheeled kind, I would often turn to my automobile guru -- the manual, to find out what's the problem. If I can't find the answers in its pages, I call my family.

Back to my original story. My dad charged the car's batteries for a few minutes, after which, it started effortlessly. But by 6 p.m., the battery was really hopeless. Buti na lang I was with Momon. If not, I would've panicked. So there we were, parked behind Parco grocery, waiting for my dad to bring a new batt. It took my dad around an hour to get to where we were (he came straight from Divisoria pa).

Really grateful for my family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment