Thursday, May 12, 2005

Conscience Part Deux

Our garage now looks like an Indonesian artifacts museum, thanks to that Singaporean/Indonesian/Chinese/Malaysian.... piece of scum that my brother had for a partner in their newly opened furniture business.

The scum scammed my brother.

And when the scum learned that Rich (my brother) knew what he was up to, did he call him up to apologize? To say sorry for stealing from their company? Nooooo..... he insisted he did nothing wrong. After talking with Rich, scum called up his secretary (the one who informed my brother about the scam), and asked her to cover for him.

Again, a perfect example of someone who has no conscience. He just scammed two people (my brother and a college friend) of their entire life savings, and he claims he did nothing wrong?!?! I honestly cannot understand how people can think this way. Do they honestly believe that they did nothing wrong? Or are they just really good liars?

On the brighter side of things, our house is now filled with really pretty lampshades, sconce lamps and other beautiful pieces of furniture! And we have a wall type aircon, one 21" tv set, one plasma tv, two boomboxes, and two standing air conditioning units to boot! All courtesy of that multilingual scumbag. I can actually buy some stuff for my ke tseng here. (Aren't you excited Mike? We can fill up our living room with lampshades in all shapes and sizes!)

Now, I know I have always been vocal about how much I admire and respect my brother. But my admiration for him reached an all-time high when I learned about how he dealt with the situation. My brother had known about scumbag's scam for more than a week now. With how he handled himself, you wouldn't have known how big a burden he was carrying. I only learned about it when I came home last night and saw him and his friend in our study room, talking with the dads. If I had been in his shoes, I would have ranted, and cried, and bitched to no end about it to anyone who cared to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment