Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Sick

If our nearby hospital issues a customer loyalty card, we would probably be one of the first in line to get one.

The three of us (Mike, Chloe and I) have been taking turns getting sick since December last year. Never all at the same time. But usually, it's Mike or Chloe who gets sick more frequently. I'm the 'healthiest' one.

Just a side kwento. The age gap between me and Mike is six years - a super, duper BIG NO-NO for the traditional Chinese. According to the Chinese horoscope, any of these things can happen:
- Mike and I will fight a lot OR
- Mike will get sick a lot. (He's a pig, I'm a snake. I'm more powerful between the two)

And then, Chloe was born in the year of the pig too.

And they're getting sick a lot.....

So I'm looking around for a feng shui expert to tell me if there's a pangontra for these things.

Chinese horoscopes and feng shui stuff aside, I really think people are getting sick a lot because of the weather. The cold in the air just leaves our immune system weakened. Plus the strain of the viruses going around is probably stronger now than it used to be. A cold used to last for just a few days. Mine has been around for more than a week now.

Aside from the weather, I also think it's the food we eat that weakens our system. Which is why I want to switch to a healthier diet. Have been looking around for organic stuff lately. One of these days, I'm going to donate all the processed foods in our pantry, which my parents so happily buy every week. I've lectured them so many times on the ill effects of processed foods and canned goods, all to no avail. To them, there is a part of the pig's body that resembles the meat in a can of Spam. Haaay.

Stay healthy everyone!

3 comments:

  1. niwala ka pala nyan?! naima is a big too.. but stan and i are horses. may frequency card ang medical city! hope you all get better soon. i posted about organic food deliveries last week. check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your post actually gave me the idea. that maybe, we'll be healthier if we started eating organic. i'd hate to think that we're ingesting all those pesticides and antibiotics no!!!

    hindi ako masyado naniniwala. but then, bakit ako lang ang healthy parati? let's see with baby no. 2. hahahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah :) I know Richmond can't live without SPAM. :))

    ReplyDelete