Sunday, January 22, 2006

CANA seminar

One of the things that Mike and I agree on is that we are both shy people.

Which is why we considered just bribing the secretary of the SSA to avoid having to attend the CANA (kay-na) seminar. I imagined that the seminar would work this way -- all attendees would have to sit in a circle, and take turns sharing their experiences (as bf-gf) to everybody in the room. Why would we want to do that? Those people are strangers to us! Ugh.... no way.

Well, bribing was out of the question. The secretary had a reputation for being masungit and mataray. We didn't want to risk losing our reservations just in case she's not too pleased with the bribing and all. :0

So we had no choice but to attend.

I have to say, attending the CANA seminar is one of the best things that ever happened to us. There was none of that uncomfortable group sharing. Well, there was the introductory part where we had to stand in front of the group and introduce ourselves, then tell the group what endearing qualities our partner possessed. Har. We don't even do that in private no! :) Everything went smoothly after that.

I know Mike hates all the mushy and heart-to-heart talks, but I really appreciated the fact that he answered the questions sincerely. It's different to just have an idea of how Mike feels about certain issues, than to actually hear him say how he really feels. Some of his answers left me weak in the knees. Some brought tears to my eyes (not a difficult task for him -- with my PMS and all). Bottom line -- I'm more in love with him than ever. And I'm very happy that it's him I'll be spending the rest of my life with.

On the lighter side of things...

1. Being in ADMU brought back so many memories. I wanted to revisit the bench where my college barkada used to hang out. I wanted to walk in Bel field, and to go to the caf. And to the Mgt. dept. Ahhh.... my heart will be forever Blue.

2. There was a beagle tied to a cage near the CEFAM building. She is sooooo adorable. Mike took pics of her. We visited her every break time. Will post her pic when Mike sends them.

3. For 20 ++ years, I had been mispronouncing the word awry. That, among other things. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment