Friday, April 22, 2005

Diet for the Sick

Thanks for the get well messages!

I woke up Wednesday morning slightly light headed, with an itch in my throat. By Wednesday evening, I was already running a fever. Plus, my throat hurt like crazy. I don't know if this is how it goes for everybody, but here in our house, sick people have to go on the oil-less diet. And since I have sore throat with the fever, I have to go on the oil-less, liquid diet.

So for the past two days, I have been feasting on: apple puree, pear puree, green tea milk tea (bought it from China), canned peaches (sliced thinly) and egg white soup with rock sugar. The latter is Dra. Mom's own concoction for sore throats, I think. And when my throat was not this painful yet, I indulged in some pork floss (ma-hu) on whole wheat bread. The unhealthiest food I ate was a steamed hotdog on whole wheat bread.

And I have to say, this diet has been very good to my body. Some unwanted bulges are off, and the food cravings are gone too. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment