Friday, May 07, 2010

Alive..and kicking


It's been almost one and a half months since our maid left, barely a month since our yaya left. We haven't had any suitable replacement since.

It has been an exhausting ninety days of non stop housework.

Clean the toilet, clean the room, prepare breakfast, cook Chloe's baon, wash dishes, dry dishes, sweep floor, mop floor, take out trash, clean toilet, clean shower.....

By the time I finish with housework, I'm dead tired. Which is why this blog post (and some previous posts) are posted at an ungodly hour.

But, I have never been happier than I am now.

Happy, but tired, but happy nonetheless. Happy in knowing that my dishes and pans are washed the way I like them, and that my floors are completely free of grime and dirt. Happy with not having to deal with the maid's personal issues, which, most of the time, end up with them wanting to borrow money from us. (And me giving in, because I don't want them to pack up and leave. Stupid, I know.)

And most of all, happy to be getting to spend all this time with Chloe. :)

In fact, I'm seriously considering not getting a maid and yaya na. But Mike, the realistic person that he is, thinks that we should. I know he's right. But I just wish there was some way we could work around this maidless and yayaless situation and not be tired all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment