Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The unexpected

Notice anything unusual with this picture?

I was already sitting in Mike's car for a few minutes before I noticed this stuffed toy dangling in front of me.

KT: Is Cathy pregnant? (Cathy is Mike's sis who just got married January)
Mike: (smiles) Bakit mo natanung?
KT: BECAUSE! You're not the type to buy stuffed toys like this. So baka you bought it to give to your future pamangkin.
Mike: No, I bought it for you.
KT: Harharharharhahr.... that can't be. You know how I don't like stuffed toys.
Mike: Hindi nga! Tutoo, it's for you.
KT: (still thinking Mike's joking) Sige sige. I'll just buy it from you. Wala pa akong gift for my pamangkin.
Mike: (frowns a little) Ah ganon, my gift to you and ibibigay mo lang sa iba.
KT: Ano ka ba?!? Di ako naniniwalang gift mo yan no. Alam mong ayaw ko ng stuffed toy eh.

We spent around five minutes discussing the role of Mickey Mouse that afternoon. Mike insisting that it's his gift to me, and me not believing him.

Exasperated, Mike asked me, "Didn't you notice the pink box?!?!?"

Wha? Where? Oh there. There!! A pink box. A pink jewelry box. Could it be? I didn't dare imagine it could be. What if it's not?

I looked at him to see what his reaction was, as I gingerly reached over and took the box from Mickey Mouse's pouch. He was smiling from ear to ear as I did so. I slowly opened the box, and inside was the ring, lying on the velvet case in all its brilliant beauty.

I didn't know how to react. So I laughed and laughed, until tears started to well up in my eyes.

"O, isuot mo naman sa akin no," I said.

So he did. And then he asked, "So, what's the answer?"

"Ha? What's the question?!?" I countered.

Hehehehehe.

Yes honey, I like the ring. :)

5 comments:

  1. ang galing naman! :) uy kt, turn on your word verification sa posting comments to avoid spams like the one above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yiheeee! kileg to the bones! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hayyyyy!!! kinilabutan ako dyan sa ginawa ni mike!!

    ayan, engagement party and wedding preps na ulet!!!!

    congratulations to you and mike! :)

    tin

    ReplyDelete
  4. will do rory. thanks!

    daday: hahahahaha! sa kakatawa napaluha nga ako eh.

    tin: yung proposal story mo naluha din ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaaaaahh!!! kinilig akooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete